Sweet-and-Sour-Glazed Chicken Sausage Bites…
Great slow cooker appetizer.
Sweet-and-Sour-Glazed Chicken Sausage Bites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 12 ounce package apple-Chardonnay, sun-dried tomato, spicy jalapeno, and/or other cooked chicken sausage links, cut diagonally into ¾-inch slices
- ⅔ cup chili sauce
- ⅔ cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet pepper, and garlic; cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place onion mixture and sausage slices in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl stir together chili sauce, jelly, soy sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper; pour over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Set cooker on high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and the cold water. Stir cornstarch mixture into mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with skewers or decorative toothpicks.