Swedish Meatballs with Noodles…
Swedish Meatballs with Noodles
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed*
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 cups (1 lb.) dry noodles, cooked and drained
- FOR MEATBALLS
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- MIX all meatball ingredients lightly but thoroughly in medium bowl. Shape into 2-inch balls. Place in jelly-roll pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain; reserve fat drippings. Keep meatballs warm.
- FOR GRAVY
- COMBINE ½ cup fat drippings from meatballs (adding vegetable oil to make ½ cup) and flour in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth, evaporated milk, dill and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Add meatballs to sauce; stir. Serve over noodles.