Spider Web Caramel Apples…
Perfect Halloween treat.
Spider Web Caramel Apples
- 6 wooden ice cream sticks
- 6 medium-size apples, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 bag (14 oz.) caramel candies(about 50), unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 20 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates, unwrapped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line tray with wax paper; generously butter or spray wax paper with nonstick cooking spray. Insert wooden stick into stem end of each thoroughly dried apple.
- Place caramels and water in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Dip apples into warm mixture, turn until coated. Scrape off exess coating; place on prepared tray. If necessary, warm coating by microwaving an additional 15 seconds at a time. Refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Place chocolates and shortening in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over caramel-coated apples. Refrigerate until serving time. 6 servings.