Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- large onions, sliced (3 cups)
- tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- tablespoons all-purpose flour
- tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- teaspoon sugar
- teaspoon pepper
- cans (14 1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
- Cheesy Broiled French Bread
- slices French bread, 1 inch thick
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -qt slow cooker bowl. Make sure that liner fits snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl and pull the top of the liner over rim of bowl.
- 2In lined slow cooker, mix onions and margarine.
- 3Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 to 35 minutes or until onions begin to slightly brown around edges.
- 4Mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir flour mixture and broth into onions. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until onions are very tender.
- 5Prepare Cheesy Broiled French Bread. Place 1 slice bread on top of each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.
Guru's Man Cave http://gurusmancave.com/