Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® Float…
Beer & ice cream, sign me up.
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® Float
- ½ lb fresh cherries, pitted
- ½ cup walnuts, shelled, roasted
- 1 cap unsalted butter
- 1 lb. light brown sugar
- 2 bottles Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat®
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, sauté the cherries and walnuts in ¼ cup butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and 1 bottle of the Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® to the pan. (Remove the pan from the heat before adding the beer to avoid the alcohol flaming.) Add the salt and lemon juice and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, making sure the sugar does not burn on the bottom. Stir continuously. Once the mixture becomes syrupy, set aside and allow the sauce to cool for 2 minutes.
- To serve, scoop the ice cream into the dish and pour a small amount of the beer over the ice cream. Top with the warm sauce.