Add some fall spices to that morning cup.
- ⅓ cup ground coffee
- 2 orange slices
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Cold water
- ½ cup half-and-half or light cream
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
- Place a coffee filter in the coffee filter basket of a 10-cup electric drip coffeemaker. Place ground coffee, the two orange slices, the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in the coffee filter. Using the amount of cold water recommended by the manufacturer for 10 servings of coffee, pour cold water into the coffeemaker's water compartment.
- Place pot on heating element; let water drip through basket. When dripping stops, remove pot. Stir half-and-half, brown sugar, and, if desired, liqueur into brewed coffee.
- Serve coffee in cups. If desired, garnish with additional orange slices.
- from the test kitchen
- Orange-Spiced Iced Coffee:
- Prepare Orange-Spiced Coffee as directed through Step 2. Cool brewed coffee to room temperature or chill for up to 24 hours. Serve coffee over ice.