Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 strips of bacon, diced
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used regular bread crumbs and seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Stir together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapenos in a small bowl.
- 3. Cut a pocket horizontally through the thickest side of each chicken breast, and fill with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- 4. Roll the chicken breasts in bread crumbs to coat. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 8 minutes per side. If your chicken breasts are thick, like mine were, they can be finished in a 350-degree oven.
Guru's Man Cave http://gurusmancave.com/