- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookie crumbs (about 24 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup dairy eggnog (do not use canned)
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling
- ¼ cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350°F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in large bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until smooth. At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Add eggnog, rum extract and nutmeg; beat until smooth.
- Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Pour cream cheese mixture over partially baked crust. Return to oven; bake at 325°F. for 55 to 65 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, in medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; mix well. To serve, carefully remove sides of pan. Cut cheesecake into wedges; place on individual dessert plates. Spoon sauce over each serving. Store in refrigerator.