Chunky Salsa Cheesecake…
Great party appetizer
Chunky Salsa Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Chunky Salsa
- Combine the tortilla chips and the butter in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place the springform pan in a shallow baking pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the cheese, onion, garlic and black pepper. Pour the cheese mixture into the pan.
- Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until set. Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Cover the pan and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Top with the salsa and cut into 12 wedges.