Chunky Apple Spice Cake…
with Vanilla Butter Sauce
Chunky Apple Spice Cake
- Chunky Apple Spice Cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice Substitutions
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Allspice, Ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples, (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Cake, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice, allspice and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla on low speed just until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in apples, raisins and walnuts. Spread evenly in greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate. Serve warm with Vanilla Butter Sauce.
- For the Vanilla Butter Sauce, bring sugar, butter and cream to boil in 2-quart saucepan on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm over cake.