Chive, Cheese and Egg Stuffed Peppers
- 5 eggs
- 2 large red peppers, cleaned and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat half of the grill to medium high heat; leave one half of the grill off.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, shredded cheddar, milk, chives, salt and pepper.
- Oil grill on the hot side and place red peppers, cut side up, on grill. If necessary trim a small slice (be careful not to cut all the way through) from the bottom to make sure they sit level.
- Using a measuring cup, carefully pour in egg mixture until each pepper is about 3/4 of the way full.
- Grill the filled peppers on the side that is on medium high heat with the lid closed.
- After 10 minutes, carefully move the filled peppers to the indirect (cold) side of the grill.
- Close lid and grill indirect for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs have set, puffed up and turned golden brown.
- Carefully remove peppers from the grill and serve with grilled kielbasa or other sausage.
Guru's Man Cave http://gurusmancave.com/