Caramelized Onion and Peppered Bacon Flatbread…
Caramelized Onion and Peppered Bacon Flatbread
- cup firmly packed brown sugar
- teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- teaspoon McCormick® Cayenne Pepper
- slices thick-sliced bacon
- cups thinly sliced sweet onion (about 1 lb)
- cloves garlic, minced
- tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- can Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust
- can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, drained
- cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10-inch pan with sides with aluminum foil. Place cooling rack in pan.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, combine brown sugar, black pepper and cayenne; shake to combine. Separate bacon slices and place in bag; shake to coat. Place bacon on rack in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, turning once halfway through baking, or until bacon is browned and thoroughly cooked. Cool completely. Chop bacon; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onions are golden brown. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Spray15x10-inch pan with sides with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough in pan; press dough to edges of pan. Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread onion mixture over partially baked crust; top with drained tomatoes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; top with bacon.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheeses are melted.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with basil.