Bruschetta with Roasted Garlic Butter
- Ingredients for Roasted Garlic Butter
- 1 garlic bulb, whole
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- Ingredients for Bruschetta
- Roasted Garlic Butter (above)
- 1 French baguette
- 40 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- nstructions for Roasted Garlic Butter
- Preheat your oven or countertop oven to 400°F.
- Place the garlic bulb in the center of a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the thyme and bay leaf on the bulb. Bring the sides of the foil together tightly, forming a pouch, and place on roasting pan or cookie sheet. Set the rack in the oven orcountertop oven to the lowest position.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Remove from the oven when the garlic is soft. Allow to cool; then, in a small bowl, squeeze the bulb until the pulp is released. Combine with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Instructions for Bruschetta
- While the Roasted Garlic Butter is roasting, cut the cherry or grape tomatoes in half and then in thirds. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Add olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and add fresh basil. Set aside.
- When the Roasted Garlic Butter is ready, put it all together. Cut the baguette diagonally into ½-inch slices. Generously spread a layer of the garlic butter on one side of the slices. Move the oven rack to the middle position. Arrange butter side up in a single layer directly on the rack.
- Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven and place a heaping tablespoon of tomato mixture onto each slice of toasted bread. Serve immediately.
Guru's Man Cave http://gurusmancave.com/